Quick facts about the Sankaran
- Location: Guinea
- Status: NOT Engaged by IMB
- Population: 62,000
- Primary Religion: Folk Islam
- Number of Christians: None
- Language: Sankaran
- Located in the Faranah region of Guinea in the villages of Bantun and Bendou
- Translation work is in progress
Pray that the elders of the villages will remain open to hear the Gospel message.
Give thanks for a recent witness among the Sankaran. Pray for a church as they consider the possibility of becoming an Engaging Church among this people.
Learn more about the Sankaran!
The Sankaran live in a remote area of Guinea. Many are bilingual in Maninka, which has resources available. An Engaging Church could partner with a Yalunka church which is about 25 miles away or with a Maninka church in Faranah. Some of the elders in the village remember when a missionary was in the area and the Bible stories he told. They commented that they would like to have someone come and share the stories again.
- Sankaran Profile (PDF, 118KB)