Quick facts about the Pongu
- Location: Nigeria
- Status: NOT Engaged by IMB
- Population: 30,000
- Primary Religion: Islam mixed with African Traditional Religion
- Number of Christians: 165
- Language: Pongu
- Consider themselves Muslim but are somewhat revered for their traditional medicines and practices
- Located in Niger State in northern Nigeria
Pray that the Pongu would be freed from their traditional religious practices. Pray that they would be witnesses of the power of Christ in their lives.
Learn more about the Pongu!
The Pongu language is widely spoken and there are Gospel Recordings available. A team has moved to the area to begin translation work in Pongu as well as Ngwoi and Kamuku. An Engaging Church could take the challenge of engaging the Pongu with the Gospel as well as other small people groups in the same Local Government Area. There are local churches with whom to partner in this endeavor.
- Pongu Profile (PDF, 111KB)