Quick facts about the Dafing
- Location: Mali
- Also Known As: Dafin
- Status: NOT Engaged by IMB
- Population: 25,000
- Primary Religion: Islam mixed with African Traditional Religion
- Number of Christians: 15
- Language: Dafin
- Marka is the name used for those who follow African Traditional Religion
- Dafin is the name used for those who follow Islam
- Located in the Segou and Mopti regions of Mali
- The Marka work with their hands making rope and cloth
- They farm peanuts and millet.
Give thanks to the Lord for calling a church to engage the Dafin with the Gospel. They took a vision trip among them in January and are planning to return in March. Pray that God would call out more from the church to participate in this task.
Learn more about the Dafing!
The Marka live in an area of Mali that is almost inaccessible during the rainy season from June to October. Though there are a few churches in the area where the Marka live, most of the worship is in the Bambara language, which some of the Marka speak. There are a some Scripture portions available in Marka as well as Gospel Recordings.
- Dafing Profile (PDF, 101KB)